As a homeowner, having home security is important to ensure that you and your family stay safe at all times. You likely know of all the basics of home security, such as an alarm system that activates when someone breaks into your home. However, there are many other features of home security systems that you may not know about and should consider adding into your home. These features include:
1. Camera Viewing at Panel: Having cameras surrounding your home attached to security cameras can be expensive. However, one way to have this feature on a more affordable scale is to use the cameras on the viewing panel. The alarm panel that you use to activate your security system when you leave your home and when you come back home allow you to view your home at different angles to be sure that you are completely safe.
2. Smart Garage Door System: Sometimes, remembering to close your garage door can be difficult. However, with a smart garage door system, you can set the garage to close on its own after a certain amount of time. Plus, you can see whether or not your garage door is open from inside your house when you view your security system panel. This will then allow you to close the garage door from inside if it is open when you do not need it to be.
3. Attach to an App: Many home security systems can attach to an application on your cell phone. This is a great feature to have because you can control your home security from anywhere, even if you aren't at your home. You can check the cameras, be sure that your windows and doors are locked, and more. If you are interested in this feature, you will just need to be sure that you set it up with your home security company.
4. Home Energy Management: With the app feature, you can also help control your home energy management, which is helpful if you forget to turn off lights, or you want to turn off the water heater to help conserve energy while you are away from home. This is also helpful if you are not at home because you are away on vacation, but in order to be sure that you deter thieves from your property, you can turn on the patio lights, or the light in the hallway to make it appear as if someone is home.
5. A Safe: If you have a safe, then you may consider having it monitored as well. You can attach an alarm to the safe that you have to ensure that if someone is trying to manipulate it, you will be made aware.
Using these security features can be extremely helpful, especially if you are away from home often due to travel and you want to be sure that your home stays safe. For more information on your home's security, visit A-Dave's Lock & Safe.